There are hundreds of whey protein supplements available to buy, but the question is which is the best way protein you should spend your money on?
Instead of giving you a top 10 to choose from, we have narrowed it down to the top three best whey protein supplements that are worth spending your money on. We have narrowed it down to the best overall, the best value and the best tasting protein.
The problem with providing you with a top 10 list, is that there will be protein supplements on there that are not worth spending your money on and just make it more difficult for you to decide which one to buy.
The reality is there are only a handful of decent protein powders out there and we will show you the very best ones in different categories to take in 2017.
A Quick Overview of The Top 3
|Best Whey Protein||Protein Per Serving||Reason For Ranking|
|1. Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard||24g||Best Overall|
|2. Myprotein Impact Whey||21g||Best Value - Save 25%|
|3. BSN SYNTHA-6||22g||Best Tasting|
1. Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard – Best Whey Protein
For the last nine years, this has been the best selling whey protein by far. It is known for its delicious taste as well as providing you with more than enough muscle building nutrients to make sure your body recovers from your intense workout and begins to build muscle as fast as possible.
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard has one of the highest grams of protein per scoop as well as extremely important branched-chain amino acids.
Who is Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Suitable For?
Although this is not the cheapest, it definitely has a good muscle building nutrient profile. This protein powder is ideal for those who want the most muscle building nutrients from their protein powder.
- 24g of protein per serving
- 5.5g of BCAAs per serving
- 4g of glutamine per serving
- 110 calories per serving
- 1g of fat per serving
- 2g of carbs per serving
2. Myprotein Impact Whey – Best Value Whey Protein Save Up to 25%
Impact whey is Myprotein’s best selling protein powder, not only in the US, but in the UK and Europe where it is extremely popular, so that should tell you something about the quality of this protein powder.
This protein supplement has thousands of good reviews from people who use it regularly, it is often said that the flavors (20+) are very tasty, it mixes easily and individuals have noticed that it helps with recovery after workouts.
It has a very good muscle building nutrient profile considering it is a lot cheaper then the rest. It’s nutrient profile is not that far behind Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard.
This protein is made from premium grass-fed whey, so it does not lack in quality.
Who is Impact Whey Suitable for?
Impact whey is for those who want a protein powder that is not only reasonably priced but has a good muscle building nutrient profile as well.
- 21g of protein per serving
- 4.5g of BCAAs per serving
- 3.6g of glutamine per serving
- 103 calories per serving
- 1.9g of fat per serving
- 1g of carbs per serving
Want to Save Up To 25% Off at Myprotein?
3. BSN SYNTHA-6 – Best Tasting Protein
BSN SYNTHA-6 is another popular whey protein but the reason why this one is popular is different to the other two. The reason why BSN SYNTHA-6 is so popular is because of its taste. There is nothing out there that tastes as good as BSN SYNTHA-6, this supplement tests as good as milkshake.
This protein powder also has a good muscle building nutrient profile as well, but it contains more calories, fats and carbs than the other two, however, if you’re bulking, this won’t matter.
Who is BSN SYNTHA-6 Suitable For?
This protein powder is for those who mainly care about taste, who want their protein shake to take like creamy milkshake. If all you’re concerned about is having the best tasting whey protein powder, then this is the protein supplement for you!
- 22g of protein per serving
- 10g of EAAs per serving
- 200 calories per serving
- 6g of fat per serving
- 14g of carbs per serving
The Benefits of Whey Protein
Whey protein has been around for a long time and there was a time when this supplement didn’t taste too good as well as not mixing very well. They really were not enjoyable to drink but people drank them anyway because of the benefits it provides for building muscle.
Luckily, these days protein powders are a lot more tastier, mix well and enjoyable to drink as well as provide numerous benefits when it comes to building muscle and general health. Below are some of the benefits you can expect from this supplement.
- Whey protein is one of the best quality proteins out there, thanks to its extremely high nutritional value. It has one of the best biological values, which means that your body absorbs the majority of the protein you consume from this supplement as well as being highly digestible and quickly absorbed by the body compared to other proteins.
- This supplement is excellent for promoting muscle growth thanks to its amino acid profile. Whey contains high levels of the amino acid leucine, which is the most anabolic amino acid that helps to promote muscle growth, as well as containing all the other important essential amino acids. This supplement will help keep your body in a favorable state to build muscle as well as helping to speed up recovery from your intense workout sessions.
- Whey protein has been shown to help reduce blood pressure in people who have high blood pressure. It does this thanks to the bioactive peptide found in this supplement which is called lactokinins.
- Whey protein can help strengthen the body’s antioxidant defenses. This supplement can help promote the formation of glutathione in your body which is the body’s main antioxidants. Increased levels of glutathione increase the body’s antioxidant defenses.
- Whey protein is very filling (satiating). This protein supplement is better at keeping you fuller for longer than other types of protein, this makes it a great snack to have in between meals and a great supplement to have if you’re looking to lose weight.
- Whey protein can help you lose weight. Not only can this supplement help you lose weight by keeping you fuller for longer it can help you lose weight by boosting your metabolism which in return helps you burn more calories. There are studies out there that show whey protein can have a greater effect on fat burning than other types of protein.
With the amount benefits this protein supplement provides as well as being a very cheap source of protein, is there any reason not to take this supplement? Check out our best whey protein guide above to find the best one for you!